18/04/2013

Sap Alert

Don't mind me as I get a little sappy here...

I recently got home from one of the most amazing trips of my life and as much fun as I had I did feel a bit homesick near the end of the trip.  Driving home from the pole studio on Tuesday night after shadowing Brigitte's stage 1 pole class I had a moment of feeling perfectly at home.  Ever since I was a little girl and we got transferred with my dad's work to Saskatoon I hated it.  I was a stubborn teenager who refused to call Saskatoon home.  It was different than where I grew up and I wouldn't let go of this angry feeling towards it.  No matter how hard the people around me tried I refused to open my heart to this city. 

Well on Tuesday, as I was driving home, crossing the University Bridge I finally felt at home.  My heart swelled with this feeling of happiness and comfort.  And that's when it hit me - Saskatoon as a city isn't what makes me finally accept this place as my home, it is the studio - it is ClubMynx and everything about it.  This is my family.  I no longer feel this need to leave this city because I finally feel like I have somewhere to call my home. 

(Don't say I didn't warn you that this was going to be a sappy post ;))

No comments:

Post a Comment