30/01/2013

I think I Can...I think I Can

As I go through my journey of learning Aerial Fly Fitness, I’m beginning to discover that my biggest obstacle is my mind. When I am challenged by new poses and am having difficulty with them, the little voice in my head will chirp up and say, “Come-on Dawn, you’re not an acrobat or aerial artist so why bother”. I begin to doubt myself and wonder if I’ll actually be able to do this. BUT WAIT! NO! This is something I really want…this is really important to me and I can’t and won’t give up. So I slap that little voice in the face and shout back, “I can do this! It may not be easy, but every day I get better so kiss my upside-down butt”. Haha.

Lately I have drawn a lot of motivation and support from instructors on the ClubMynx team. To me so many of them have advanced to stages where they hang upside on the pole with ease, and to me they seem almost as if they have acrobatic super powers. BUT when talking to them, I realize that they don’t. They are regular women just like me. They started from having never touched a pole, and have worked and worked and worked to get to where they are now. They too faced challenging thoughts that crept in along the way but found ways to push beyond those limiting fears. This inspires me more than they know. So with their inspiration in mind, as I continue my journey I will repeat to myself every day…I think I can, I think I can…in fact I KNOW I CAN.

PS. I’ve past the 25% mark on my push up goals (550 full body push ups in the past 10 days). If you’re joining me, keeeeeeep going!


No comments:

Post a Comment