04/02/2013

A Little R + R

Photo Credit:  A Piece of Toast Blog {http://apieceoftoastblog.com/}
 
Sometimes I find I get so busy that I forget to take the time to rest my body and mind, which I think is just as important as being busy and active.  This weekend was filled with exciting adventures - off to the Taboo show I went to watch some of the girls perform (which was AMAZING), then I enjoyed some live music at a local pub, a day of kicking my butt with workouts, an evening with friends, and a fun photoshoot day for Mynx! 
 
After such an amazing busy weekend, it feels like Monday has come just a little too early and I feel like I need a little more r + r in my life.  I know it's important so I am going to schedule it in for the week.  I know it sounds silly to have to 'schedule' in r + r but sometimes it's just what a girl has to do!
 
And...if you have been following my 'squat challenge' posts... well, I had a rough couple of days of just feeling down in the dumps, really tired, and I wont lie.. maybe even a little hungover and my challenge took a hit.  I took a few days off.  Yesterday I was feeling pretty disappointed in myself.  I had been doing so good only to loose my drive to reach my goal.  What was I going to do?  Well, as punishment and to kick my butt back in gear instead of my regular 100 squats a day I did 500 yesterday.  It's pretty safe to say that my butt and legs are beyond sore today but it was worth it and I will definitely not let that happen again!
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment