28/02/2013

Strive for Progress

Image Source:  Unknown
 
I think this is a saying that we could all live by.  It's good to have goals and to work towards something specific however sometimes we get lost along the way.  We push so hard to reach that one goal and forget to be proud of all of the work and progress we have made.  Over the last week and a half where I have started my more intense marathon training schedule I have learnt to focus more on that specific session than my overall goal.  Don't psych yourself out.  I haven't lost sight of my big goal but I have also learnt to take pride in every little step and to celebrate each day as progress. Don't be discouraged if you set a goal for yourself and you aren't seeing instant results.  Some days are going to be better than others - keep working towards that big goal but don't forget to take the time during your path to celebrate your progress along the way.   
 
And for a little motivation to keep going...
 
Image Source:  Unknown

Ah.. yes.. don't mind if I do!  Thanks Ryan... :)

I am curious what type of music keeps you guys motivated during your workouts?  Here are some tunes I am currently rocking on my playlist:

No Diggity - Fare Soldi Rmx
This Is How We Do It (Viceroy "Jet Life" Remix) - Montell Jordan
Treat Me Like Fire (Star Slinger Bootleg Mix) - Lion Babe
What Would You Do (City High Cover) - Bastille
and for some local flavor... Scarecrows - One Bad Son

Wishing you a weekend of goal butt-kicking (no matter what your goals are!)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment