25/02/2013

Setting Fire to My Goals


Image Source:  http://www.zimbio.com/
 

I strongly believe that the best thing to do to get your body in shape for advance pole levels, or any aerial fitness class really is to keep up your cross training.  Whether that means you are at home doing push ups, curl ups with soup cans, hitting the gym, bootcamps, swimming, running, anything really to keep you working all of your muscles is going to help you push yourself to that next level.  What's the point in staying the same when you can always be better?

Well for me, my cross training passion is long distance running.  Ever since I was in Elementary school running has been my passion. I think it stemmed from the fact that it was the first ever activity I did and really excelled at. I ran long distance at track meets with school, city wide, and province wide. It quickly became something that I did when I wanted to celebrate or even to cope with something. Running has always been my escape.

This year I have decided to push myself to the next level.  I want to really challenge myself and for me there is no greater feeling then the rush of crossing a finish line.  That last little spurt to the end where you are running so fast you think your legs aren't even attached to you anymore is what I am going to push myself to do.  I have my eyes set on running the full Sask marathon at the end of May.  I have never trained for a full marathon and so as I get closer, I may find that my body wont allow me to run such a distance but I am not giving up without a fight. 

Whatever you choose to do as your cross training I hope you do something that challenges you and that you are passionate about.  Never stop trying new things that push you to be the best that you can. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment