21/02/2013

Adventures in Aerial Fly Fitness Update



I continue my adventures in Aerial Fly Fitness today, as I travelled to Boulder CO, in prep for the Instructor Teacher Training course I am about participate in over the next 3 days. I’m staying at this amazingly quirky home at the base of the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, where the air smells like campfire wood and freshness, the house is filled with Indy jazz music and I feel like Julia Roberts in the movie Eat. Pray. Love. The vibe here is so fantastic. Within walking distance is this awesome fresh marketplace where I picked up a bunch of market veggies, freshly ground coffee and other healthy snacks for the weekend, and I walked back carrying the groceries in the paper bag they gave me. Love it! This city of under 100,000 people is known for the hippies it attracts and the people here are very connected and artistic. I was told there are over 300 yoga studios in this city, and I can see why so many are drawn here. 

Tonight as a fun way to get prepared for the weekend training, I attended a drop in hammock class as a participant in the Aircat Aerial program and it was so much fun! There was a mix of absolutely brand new, and some experienced participants. My favorite parts were the deep stretch I was able to get (ahhh my back and neck thank me), and the fun standing on the hammock poses I learned tonight. I am amazed at how great I feel after taking a class. I can’t wait to offer our own version of this program at Mynx! I’ll keep you posted as I continue my journey. 


PS. For those of you checking in, I am proud to announce that I completed my challenge of 2,000 full body push-ups and am very proud of myself. I feel a lot stronger and can even notice a difference in my waste because you use so much core in push-ups as well. It’s a great thing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment