20/03/2013

A Butt Kicking Kinda Weekend


The best way that I can think of to describe this past weekend is 'whirlwind.'  It was an amazing weekend full of progress and training.  To start, I hit the 1/2 way mark in my marathon training and ran 21km!  I was so excited and proud of myself and it pushed my mind set to keep training and to continue to fight for my goal.

Then, after a wonderful day of running, my next day was filled with hours of participating and shadowing in Keeley's Aerial Hoop classes!  Monday was also filled with shadowing for Brigitte's Aerial Hoop classes!  I am SOOO excited to share that I am officially in training to start teaching Aerial Hoop and I could not possibly be more excited!

After such an amazing weekend, this week has started off with a bang!  I feel beyond inspired, motivated, strong, focused, anddd I guess I've also got some wicked bruises and sore hands to go alongside that BUT I like to think of them as wounds I earned and am proud of.  I worked my butt off this weekend!  I pushed myself so hard that in Brigitte's classes on Monday I just couldn't sit there and shadow and not get up on the hoop that I scooted my little hiney up on there only to be soooo sore that I wished I had teleporation powers just to get myself out of the hoop without having to touch it again!

I LOVE everything about hoop and about training for the marathon.  None of it is easy but most things in life that are worth it aren't easy.  That's what makes them so beautiful and unique - only the people brave enough to go for them can have them!


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment