23/03/2013

Time to move on



A few weeks ago I posted about a 20/20 challenge I posed to myself and I’m sad to report that it didn’t work out so well. Not only did I lose my way big time with tracking in my food journal, BUT I also didn’t have success with my goal of doing 20 min of hammock and 20 min of barre every day for 20 days. I don’t really have any good excuses, but I’ve decided that instead of continuing to feel horrible about this, it’s just time to move on. I know many of you are also on your own personal health and wellness journeys and although I think it’s great to share successes along the way, it’s ok to share setbacks too. Remember that no one is perfect, every day is a new day and a fresh start, and this is a journey. We’ll get there! 

On a positive side, for the past two weeks I have been experimenting with eating wheat free. I’ve tried some new recipes and I have to say it’s been a lot of fun and an interesting experiment. Some of the biggest benefits I have seen these past two weeks have been:
-        Less headaches
-        My skin has been very clear
-        The cramping and bloated feeling I had most days has greatly reduced
-        Less heart burn
-        TMI but it also happen to be “THAT” time of the month this past week, and I was amazed that I barely had any cramping! I had read that this should happen, but when it did I have to say I was very surprised and so happy! Yay for that and not needing pain killers :) 
It’s been wonderful, and I plan on continuing as I feel so good! The next thing I want to experiment with is reducing dairy in my diet. I’m a cheese lover, so this is going to be challenging but I want to experiment and see how my body reacts. I’ll let you know how it goes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment