20/03/2013

Just Breathe......

Im not sure how many of you believe in horoscopes and the like, and I am on the fence sometimes. But occasionally, I read one that is so accurate - I guess eventually one will relate to you hahaha - but sometimes I cant help but think that all my problems are due to the planets.
Full moons really do bring out the crazies, so why wouldnt a mercury retrograde (google it lol) cause problems too?

Anyway, recently there was a mercury retrograde - it just ended Monday - and they say when Mercury is in retrograde, it stirs up stuff and causes problems and all around stressors in your life.

I found this interesting thing on the internet about a psychologist teaching stress management to an audience.

The story goes....  She raised a glass of water, everyone expected they’d be asked the “half empty or half full” question. Instead, with a smile on her face, she inquired: “How heavy is this glass of water?”

Answers called out ranged from 8 oz. to 20 oz.

She replied, “The absolute weight doesn’t matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, it’s not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I’ll have an ache in my arm. If I hold it for a day, my arm will feel numb and paralyzed. In each case, the weight of the glass doesn’t change, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes.” She continued, “The stresses and worries in life are like that glass of water. Think about them for a while and nothing happens. Think about them a bit longer and they begin to hurt. And if you think about them all day long, you will feel paralyzed – incapable of doing anything.”



I really like this. Because it is very true. The more you dwell on something going wrong in your life, the worse it becomes. The more you over analyze something, over think something, or over react, the worse we make it out to be. Even the small things like burning your supper, or the slow moving traffic, or that longer than necessary grocery line up can seem so much bigger if we dont let it go. Remember, the only thing you can control is your reaction. So take a minute before you react. If you have absolutely no control over a situation, its probably best to let it go as there is nothing you can change anyway. 
When everything is going wrong in your day, your week, or your life, stop and think for a second about the things you can make better by letting them go. 
At the end of the day, try to let go as much as you can so those things dont follow you into the next day. 

Of course with some major things in life, this is a lot more challenging, but even the smallest of things can make the largest impact :o)



No comments:

Post a Comment