30/03/2013

Rockin Legs n' Abs - DVD Review!

Cleo The Hurricane, 2012 Miss Pole Dance Australia, is one of my favorite pole stars!! Not only is she incredibly strong and flexible, she has a sexy style and a rock n roll attitude!  I was super excited to hear that she was coming out with a DVD called Rockin Legs n' Abs!  I got the DVD several days ago but due to moving (mentioned in a previous blog post), I hadn't had a chance to use it until yesterday.  Check out my review below.

To start, here's the preview to the DVD that she posted on her YouTube page Cleo The Hurricane (make sure you subscribe to her YouTube page!):


This one hour program is focused on helping you improve your strength and flexibility focusing on abs and leg.  It's broken down into 9 chapters so if you are short on time, they suggest you mix at least 4 chapters including the warm up.  I love that they suggest this because you have no excuse not to work out if you don't have time for the full hour.

If you watched the video above, you can see that her legs are incredible!  After doing this video only once so far, I admire her even more because it's a lot of work to get as strong and as flexible as she is.  When you watch the DVD, she is really encouraging (who doesn't want a pole super star yelling at you to keep squeezing your buns?!), and I like that she encourages you to stay consistent and follow a healthy lifestyle.  She makes you feel like it's attainable for everyone if you are willing to keep with it.

I have bought a lot of pole related DVDs and this one is one of the best in terms of production and getting the most bang for your buck.  You don't need a pole (she uses a chair), so anyone can do this at home.  It's a really tough workout (I may or may not have pressed pause several times throughout the workout to rock in the fetal position as my body questioned why I was doing this!) but I felt fantastic once I was finished.  Once you reach the stretching portion (both middle splits and front splits), your legs are so warm from the workout that you get a really deep stretch after.  I'm sure improvements will come quickly!

The best thing about this DVD is that it's challenging so you won't get bored with it.  She has a chapter on Advanced Leg Holds that is so inspiring that you will feel motivated to continue to work hard.  I loved that I felt so strong after the workout... can't wait to do this again today.  I highly recommend every pole dancer, regardless of what level you are at, to get this DVD!  It's fantastic!

You can get your Rockin Legs n' Abs DVD on Cleo's website:  http://www.cleothehurricane.com/portfolio-view/rockin-legs-n-abs/
Check out her Rockin' Fitness Wear:  http://www.rockinfitnesswear.com/
Check her out on Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/cleothehurricanerocks?fref=ts







No comments:

Post a Comment