17/03/2013

An exciting day!

I had a really fun day today and just had to share! First news to report, the phone cables and some electrical pre-wiring went in to the new ClubMynx facility courtesy of a good “mr. handy dandy friend” Jeff O (and my hubby Morgan and brother-in-law Eric). Yay progress is already being made…and I can’t wait to take possession of the new space April 1st and really get renovating! Pics to come I promise!

Second exciting news, I completed my last class of Aerial Hoop Level 1 today and had such a good time. In class 3 I was finally able to do the basic invert mount – hooray! It’s definitely been a challenging program for me, and I’m planning on repeating the first level again before thinking about moving on, BUT I really had a fun time learning all of these awesome aerial moves. Here’s a pic of me captured today courtesy of Shannon (I'm in the back and I believe Shannon is the one who is fabulously upside down in the front).

Third item to share, I’m one week in to being “wheat-free” and really enjoying it. I’m happy to report I’m down 3lbs this week. I have been doing lots of reading about a wheat-free lifestyle and trying new recipes and it’s been interesting and fun! Today I made two batches of the “Wheat Belly Tortillas” so I could have a bunch on hand for the week and it was my first time making them. They turned out pretty good. Mine didn’t turn out to be flexible like a regular wrap would be, BUT they are a great consistency to have for a sandwich. For lunch I made a sandwich with turkey, mustard, and cucumbers and used a tortilla like a sandwich and it held together really well.


Here’s a pic of what mine turned out like, and the recipe below courtesy of Wheat Belly Cookbook by William Davis, MD:

(Recipe makes 4)
1 cup ground flaxseed
4 tbsp almond flour
¼ tsp sea salt
2 eggs 
Preheat oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Whisk together all dry ingredients, and then whisk in the eggs until combined. Divide dough into 4 equal balls. Roll each ball between the 2 pieces or parchment paper until approx. 6” round. Bake for 5 min or until golden.

Per serving: 205 calories, 11g protein, 10 g carbs, 16 gs total fat, 1 g sat fat, 9 g fiber, 136 mg sodium.






No comments:

Post a Comment